Around this time of year we start thinking about New Year’s resolutions: goals we made at the start of 2016, goals we will revisit in 2017. According to both Psychology Today and CNN, achieving better health through weight loss is the number one New Year’s resolution. That says two things: one, health is a major concern for many people; and two, achieving better health is no easy feat.
Below is a list of 7 common health quotes along with helpful hints for applying these thoughts to the achievement of your health goals.
- “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy wealthy and wise” ~Benjamin Franklin
- You can’t get anything accomplished if you’re not well rested. Lack of sleep equals lack of functionality, so be sure to get plenty of rest. Get another hour of sleep by skipping CSI tonight–go to bed at 10 versus 11.
- “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ~Hippocrates
- In other words, you are what you eat. If you put bad things into your body, things you cannot pronounce or do not have expiration date, your body will not operate at an optimal level. Read labels. Know what you’re putting into your body.
- “Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon.” ~Doug Larson
- I’ve never met a person who dislikes bacon. People are even covering it in chocolate and sprinkling it on ice cream. I cannot say the same for cauliflower. If you are not a vegetable lover, puree them into your barbeque sauce or even a smoothie (Get my Mixed Berry-Spinach Smoothie recipe).